What is content marketing and what is it for?
Content marketing is a key tool to attract traffic to your SME's website. In this post we explain everything you need to know about this area of digital marketing, don't miss it!
Nowadays, consumers are not satisfied with brands and companies that just provide them with information about a product or service. Rather, they are becoming increasingly demanding in terms of the type of content they consume on a daily basis. In other words, our future clients need to receive from us (the brands) a series of content that are useful to them and that adapts to their standards and requirements.
The key to winning over the consumer lies in the value we provide in the content.
This is why content marketing exists. It is so important within a digital marketing strategy that, according to a HubSpot study, 70% of marketers actively invest in content marketing. Want to know more? We'll tell you about it below!
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a digital marketing technique that consists in the creation, publication and distribution of relevant and valuable content to a target audience. All this, to get their attention, attract them and convert them into final clients.
In this sense, we must be clear that content marketing is not based exclusively on writing articles for a blog. Nor is it a type of advertising used to directly sell products or services. Actually, it consists in creating a content strategy based on a conversion objective and a market niche.
Benefits and advantages of content marketing
Content marketing is a long-term investment that requires time and resources. But once it is in place, the benefits can be many - here are the main ones!
- Increases brand recognition and relevance
Content marketing allows to create a link between the brand and the target audience, working on affinity and reinforcing trust.
- Improves web positioning and increases web traffic
Publishing content on a regular basis helps to improve the SEO of your website and, therefore, there is a higher probability of appearing in the first results within search engines.
- Work on engagement with the target audience
By frequently creating valuable content to consumers, they will have a certain recurrence when visiting your business website and will feel closer to the brand.
- Generate a constant flow of leads
As a consequence of all of the above, by attracting more visitors to your website, content marketing is an effective method to increase leads.
As you can see, there are many advantages to be gained from having a content marketing strategy. But you may be wondering: how to carry out this type of strategy? We'll tell you about it below!
How to create a content marketing strategy?
Before beginning, we must be clear that a content marketing strategy is a plan to achieve the objectives set through the implementation and distribution of different types of content.
With this in mind, let's move on to the steps to creating one.
- Define your objectives: determine what you want to achieve through content marketing. For example: newsletter subscriptions, downloading an e-book, enrolling in a course, among others.
- Establish a target audience: a good practice is to define your buyer persona to know their needs and preferences.
- Decide the type of content and the channel: to do this, it is important to really know your target audience and to know which channels they use and which formats they prefer.
- Create the content and distribute it: a key part of any content marketing strategy is the distribution of content. To do this, you can create a content plan where you establish the channels, content and frequency.
- Monitor and optimize: analyse metrics and results in order to implement improvements.
Now that you know the steps to implement a content marketing strategy, it is important that you know the types of content you can create and the channels through which you can disseminate them.
The formula for success is to deliver the right content, through the right channel and at the right time.
One of the types of content you can use are: images, infographics, blog posts, videos, tutorials, webinars among others. On the other hand, the most common channels that are usually used are the blog of your website and social networks.
It is time to create the content marketing strategy that will take your SME to the next level!