The choice of payment methods for an online shop has a direct impact on the turnover of the business. In fact, it can be that differential value that makes you stand out from the competition. Providing different secure payment methods will make your customers feel more confident and satisfied. In this post we tell you how to do it!
Currently, the most commonly used payment method in online shops is by credit or debit card. But did you know that this is changing? According to a study by MONEI, the tendency to pay with cards is decreasing (from 84.27% to 74.96% from 2021 to 2022) and other types of payment are gaining ground, such as: bizum, Paypal, among others.
Nowadays, there is a wide variety of payment methods that you can offer your customers. To do this more securely, we recommend integrating a payment gateway into your e-commerce. This method is one of the most popular, as it allows the buyer to use their bank card to make secure online transactions.
Payment gateways work both directly and indirectly. The first consists of making the purchase directly with bank cards, and the second through platforms such as: Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, among others. Additionally, payment platforms offer different methods that can be implemented, among the most used are:
- Virtual TVP: a payment tool that allows instant payments to be made over the Internet. After entering the bank card information, customers can make purchases in just a few seconds.
- PayPal: one of the main advantages of this payment method is that it does not require corporate accounts to operate, and can be activated in just a few minutes. Paypal's standard programme allows you to accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards.
- Bizum: in order to pay with this method, you need both a bank account and a telephone number. It is also necessary to confirm that your bank has this payment method. Although initially it was mainly used between private individuals, more and more shops are now allowing payment via this option. The payment gateways that currently accept Bizum for businesses are PrestaShop, WooCommerce, Magento, Oscommerce, Opencart, VirtueMart and Zencart.
- Google Pay: Google's platform that offers users the possibility of making payments with their mobile devices. Other platforms such as Apple or Amazon also have the necessary systems for storing bank cards. By becoming a means of payment, it is possible to pay in: physical shops; apps and websites; public transport; as well as sending money to friends and family.
Aspects to be taken in consideration when choosing payment methods
However, when choosing an online payment method for your business it is important to consider the following aspects:
- Security: It must be a secure and reliable payment method. Security requirements for making payments include: SSL security certificates, Address Verification Systems (AVS), as well as the security standards regulated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI). Thanks to these security mechanisms, the authenticity of your website is guaranteed, and communications between devices are encrypted.
- Speed and intuitiveness: to facilitate its operation, the payment experience must be adaptable to all users. Likewise, it should be optimised for different mobile devices for greater convenience.
- Good customer support: to improve customer satisfaction, you should ensure that your online payment platforms offer online technical support, at least during standard business hours.
- Consideration of fees: you should consider the fees of the different payment gateways and try to ensure that consumers do not face an overcharge.
In this sense, having the right payment methods can change the entire outcome of your business. Aside from offering the ease of paying as each consumer prefers, they also offer different valuable tools that help drive conversions (sales). Choosing the method, they are most comfortable with (from the options you can offer them) will make it easier to retain them and convert them into repeat buyers.
For this, the Kit Digital offers solutions for your e-shop. With the help of a Digital Agent, you can configure and integrate the payment methods that best suit your online shop and the needs of your customers. The amount of this support is divided as follows:
- 0 < 3 employees: 2.000€.
- 3 < 9 employees: 2.000€.
- 10 < 50 employees: 2.000€.
Nowadays it is practically a necessity for e-commerce sites to implement payment gateways that offer different payment methods. So don't wait any longer and improve your e-commerce with the help of the Kit Digital.